Find a pro in Shacklefords, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Shacklefords, VA
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Shacklefords, VA, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Shacklefords, VA. Get the roofing services you need for your house right away.