Find a Pro in Smithfield, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you select the best color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's somewhat affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should go with the overall look you're going for and the mood you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant hues that have the ability to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
How can hiring an exterior painting contractor enhance your project?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually give you a superior result than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and training to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to perform the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's completed with close attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, tools, and techniques to do the project with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look amazing for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is a great way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to help the paint adhere.
Can you provide an estimate of the expense included in painting the exterior of a house?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthwhile home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can mean high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you a free, upfront estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Smithfield, Virginia
Begin looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Smithfield, Virginia. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and knowledge to provide high-quality services. You can improve your home's curb appeal with fresh paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage at the same time. By seeking out a painter to handle the project, you're making sure it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can swiftly search for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of what they can provide. Look through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to find the best professional for the project in their area. You can even send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and schedule a consultation all on one platform.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with helpful recommendations and help you decide on a beautiful color scheme. Painting projects can raise your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to add some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local contractors prepared to start the project and deliver exceptional workmanship. Get exceptional results by downloading our app and reach out to a skilled professional to handle the entire process with close attention to detail.