Find a pro in The Plains, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in The Plains, Virginia. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near The Plains, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in The Plains, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in The Plains, Virginia. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.