Find a pro in Walkerton, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Walkerton, VA
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Walkerton, VA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Walkerton, VA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.