Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Willis, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing compared to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free way to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what aspects do cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished?
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Willis, VA have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Willis, VA With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Willis, VA have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Willis, VA with confidence.