Find a Pro in Woodbridge, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are important when selecting the exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's fairly affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the general design you're going for and the mood you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a better outcome than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you have the materials and skills to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should a contractor to do it all. With their superior practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-optimal results.
What steps are part of preparing a house for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is done with close attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to conduct the job with outstanding craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a streamlined finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
Can you provide a quote of the cost involved in exterior residential painting?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equal higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and offer you a free estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Services Near Woodbridge, Virginia
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Woodbridge, Virginia. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the training and background to provide outstanding services. You can update your home's aesthetic with fresh paint that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By recruiting a contractor to carry out the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can swiftly search for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can provide. Search through professional profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's convenient and simple to use for anyone to select the most qualified professional for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request a quote, and book a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painter who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Having a freshly painted house can boost your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our app and contacting a skilled painter to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.