Find a pro in Wytheville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Wytheville, VA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Wytheville, VA. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.