Find a Cabinet Painter in Albany, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Vermont // Albany
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter what type of paint I pick for my cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint usually used for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their modern appearance. Typical wall paints may not stick sufficiently to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
How will I know I've found the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to start is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their past work aligning with your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Will I need to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's always tempting to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How do I estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are many factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Albany, Vermont, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Albany, Vermont to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Albany, Vermont varies, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Locate all important information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Albany, Vermont easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.