Find a pro in Bridgewater, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bridgewater, Vermont. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Bridgewater, Vermont
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Bridgewater, Vermont, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.