Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Burlington, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Vermont // Burlington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is this similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and gives a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets be refinished?
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment for the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Burlington, Vermont have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Burlington, Vermont With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several homeowners in Burlington, Vermont have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Burlington, Vermont with confidence.