Find a Cabinet Refinisher in East Dover, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy project to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I determine if cabinet refinishing is the best choice to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of East Dover, Vermont have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Place Containing All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near East Dover, Vermont Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in East Dover, Vermont have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in East Dover, Vermont confidently.