Find a pro in East Poultney, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in East Poultney, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in East Poultney, VT. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in East Poultney, VT. Find the right contractor for your house today.