Find a pro in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Vermont // East Saint Johnsbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.