Find a Cabinet Painter in Enosburg Falls, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction between cabinet paint and regular paint?
A frequently asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated look. Common wall paints might not stick sufficiently to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
How do I find a cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to begin is by knowing precisely what style you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Ensure that any contractor you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project has started that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Should I simply paint over my present cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing cost of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Enosburg Falls, Vermont, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Update Your Kitchen for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Enosburg Falls, Vermont
An exceptional way to increase the value of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter in Enosburg Falls, Vermont varies, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Enosburg Falls, Vermont easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.