Find a Cabinet Painter in Fairfield, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Vermont // Fairfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a difference with cabinet paint and wall paint?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint generally used for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek look. Typical wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the best one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what style you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any professional you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by checking any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep step necessary before painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How can you estimate the cost of cabinet painting?
There are many things that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Fairfield, VT, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Fairfield, VT
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Fairfield, VT fluctuates, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets might be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Find all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Fairfield, VT easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.