Find a Cabinet Painter in Lyndonville, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Vermont // Lyndonville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a distinction with cabinet paint and wall paint?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the best one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to start is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their prior work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any painter you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project begins that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by assessing their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's may be tempting to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing cost for painting cabinets?
There are several factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Lyndonville, Vermont, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Lyndonville, Vermont Who Can Bring Your Vision to Reality
A smart way to increase the value of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Lyndonville, Vermont varies, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Lyndonville, Vermont easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.