Find a pro in Plainfield, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Plainfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Plainfield, Vermont
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Plainfield, Vermont. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.