Find a pro in Plymouth, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Plymouth, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Plymouth, VT. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.