Find a Pro in Poultney, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when deciding on a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should flow with the overall aesthetic you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your property will usually provide you with a superior result than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to execute the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's completed with close attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the job with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a clear area to work with, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a smooth varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stay.
Can you offer an estimate of the price included in painting the exterior of a house?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and give you an accurate quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Contractors in Poultney, Vermont
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Poultney, Vermont. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and background to provide high-quality services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with new paint that also provides a strong barrier preventing damage. By hiring a contractor to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting projects to get a better idea of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for anyone to select the best candidates for the job near them. In addition, you can send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and schedule a consultation all in one app.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painter who can give you beneficial suggestions and help you brainstorm an elegant color scheme. Painting projects can increase your home value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local professionals ready to start the project and perform excellent craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with a knowledgeable professional to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.