Find a pro in Randolph, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Randolph, VT. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Randolph, VT
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Randolph, VT. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.