Find a pro in Rochester, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Rochester, VT. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Rochester, VT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Rochester, VT. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.