Find a Pro in South Burlington, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much is the typical per hour rate charged by painters?
Normally, a painter's price on labor varies from $22-$43 an hour, without tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. For that reason, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is paying for interior painting a smart idea?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that really pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint is designed to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your home.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the usual cost of labor when painting a house's interior?
The cost to paint the interior of your house is dependant on the square footage of the area. One 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than an entire home, especially a larger residence.
On average, expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a local professional to paint the interior of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the house yourself or live in a location with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Dependable Home Painters Serving Near South Burlington, VT
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter near South Burlington, VT, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also offers many practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the important information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in South Burlington, VT and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.