Find a pro in South Hero, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near South Hero, Vermont
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in South Hero, Vermont. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.