Find a pro in Stowe, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Stowe, VT
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Stowe, VT. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.