Find a Cabinet Painter in Sutton, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Vermont // Sutton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the kind of paint I can use for my cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint typically used for home walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that modern look. Common wall paints may not stick adequately to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
How can I find a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the best one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to begin is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work aligning with your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any painter you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up once the project begins that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is it necessary to prime and sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the average price for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are many things that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Sutton, Vermont, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll want to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Renew Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Sutton, Vermont
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Sutton, Vermont fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Sutton, Vermont easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.