Find a Pro in Townshend, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What do painting contractors usually charge per hour?
The average painting contractor's cost of services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. For that reason, that price does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your house recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you go with, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates all imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your residence.
When is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
What will it usually cost for labor to paint the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the inside of your home is dependant on the dimensions of the space. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than the entire residence, especially a larger one.
You can expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Expert Residential Painting Contractors in Near Townshend, Vermont
When you need a dependable house painter in Townshend, Vermont, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also offers many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Townshend, Vermont and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.