Find a Cabinet Painter in West Rutland, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Vermont // West Rutland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to renew the look of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
Is it simple to find a good cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. A good place to begin is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Ensure that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by evaluating their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the tedious prep stage a necessity when painting all cabinets?
It's always enticing to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the typical cost for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are many factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around West Rutland, VT, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll want to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in West Rutland, VT
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near West Rutland, VT varies, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets may be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When searching for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all the information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in West Rutland, VT easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.