Find a Pro in Bellevue, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the best exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's fairly affordable to improve the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should complement the overall aesthetic you're aiming for and the mood you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
Why should you retain the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically offer you a superior outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to execute the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix errors, homeowners can hire an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to a contractor to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it's done with close attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, materials, and techniques to perform the job with excellent craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking first steps that allow the paint to stick and look beautiful for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a sleek finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stick.
Can you offer an estimate of the price involved in exterior painting?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Contractors Near Bellevue, Washington
Begin looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Bellevue, Washington. If your property needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and experience to offer outstanding services. You can update your home's appearance with a new pop of color that simultaneously provides a strong barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a contractor to take care of the job, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can efficiently browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting jobs to get a solid idea of what they can provide. Search through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's streamlined and easy to use for anyone to select the best professional for the job near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, request an estimate, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you decide on an attractive color combination. Having a freshly painted house can increase your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local contractors prepared to begin the project and perform outstanding workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced painting contractor to handle the whole process with careful attention to detail.