Find a Pro in Edmonds, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
At what cost will a roofing specialist charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I budget for roof repair expenses?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Edmonds, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Edmonds, Washington. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.