Find a Pro in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Washington // Mountlake Terrace
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How do you decide on the best exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's fairly affordable to boost how your home looks with help from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should go with the general look you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
What advantages come with the decision to recruit a contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally offer you a better result than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their high-quality process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and techniques to conduct the project with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look great for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt gives you a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a sleek finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stick.
What's the typical budget for painting a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthwhile home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can equal higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and offer you a free estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies Near Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Mountlake Terrace, Washington. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the training and experience to offer excellent services. You can update your property's aesthetic with new paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture at the same time. By recruiting a professional to carry out the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can quickly search for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to gain a solid idea of what they can provide. Look through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to find the best professional for the project near them. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can offer you useful recommendations and help you brainstorm an elegant color arrangement. Having a newly painted house can boost your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out excellent workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our app and get in touch with an experienced painting contractor to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.