Find a pro in Amherst Junction, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Wisconsin // Amherst Junction
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Amherst Junction, Wisconsin
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Amherst Junction, Wisconsin. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Amherst Junction, Wisconsin. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.