Find a pro in Arlington, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Arlington, Wisconsin
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Arlington, Wisconsin, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Arlington, Wisconsin. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.