Find a Cabinet Painter in Ashippun, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Wisconsin // Ashippun
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I restricted by the kind of paint I can use for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
How do I choose the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of work. The best place to begin is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Should I paint my cabinets before sanding?
It's may be enticing to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual price of an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
There are many things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Ashippun, Wisconsin, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll want to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Ashippun, Wisconsin to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A smart way to enhance the value of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Ashippun, Wisconsin fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets may be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be willing to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Find all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Ashippun, Wisconsin confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.