Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Avalon, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Avalon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a great way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and hassle-free way to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you allow a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Avalon, WI have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Avalon, WI
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Avalon, WI have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Avalon, WI confidently.