Find a pro in Belgium, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Belgium, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Belgium, WI. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.