Find a Cabinet Painter in Bonduel, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint usually used for interior walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that sophisticated appearance. Common wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
How can I determine if I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to begin is by knowing exactly what style you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you consider provides documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by assessing any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is it really crucial to prime or sand cabinets before painting?
It's may be enticing to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grease are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the typical cost for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are several factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Bonduel, WI, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painter Near Bonduel, WI Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to increase the appeal of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Bonduel, WI varies, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When searching for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Find all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Bonduel, WI easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.