Find a Pro in Cecil, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Some of the tasks a professional painter typically performs include:
- Select Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle this prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your service could then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common hourly price for painters?
The average painting contractor's price on labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, without tax or overhead included.
Bear in mind that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Will interior painting give an adequate ROI?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted protects your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint works to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your property. A new application of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted removes all imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When will painters experience the slowest business season?
One of the biggest advantages about scheduling within the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Reliable House Painting Contractors in in Cecil, WI
When you require a dependable house painter in Cecil, WI, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also features many useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that compiles all the relevant information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Cecil, WI and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.