Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Dunbar, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Dunbar
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few benefits of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy way to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and offers a distinctive outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently should cabinets be refinished
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Dunbar, Wisconsin have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
One Place With All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Dunbar, Wisconsin With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Dunbar, Wisconsin have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Dunbar, Wisconsin with confidence.