Find Deck Staining in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Deck Staining Professionals nearDeck Staining // Wisconsin // Eau Claire
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Is it better to stain or paint my deck?
Deck staining and painting have their own benefits, so it's essential to assess which option best fits your requirements when deciding between them. The two most significant benefits of painting are the extensive selection of colors and improved surface shielding. However, paint also demands more upkeep due to chipping and fading over time. Conversely, stain will not peel once properly cured, requires minimal effort to care for, and has other benefits, such as:
- Penetrates the Wood - Unlike paint, which merely covers the surface, stains soak into the wood, providing better protection from water, UV rays, and other elements.
- Special Additives - Many stains are mixed with additives that enhance durability, including pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that seal against mold and mildew, and insecticides that discourage bugs from infesting the wood.
Discuss the pros and cons of deck staining or painting with the contractors listed on Thumbtack to determine which choice is right for your needs.
Will staining a deck deliver any protection from the weather?
Staining a deck comes with several benefits, such as enhancing its appearance, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Similar to paint, stains come in a variety of colors and opacities that will help re-energize the aesthetic of your home and yard. You're not as limited as you might think by choosing deck staining over painting, as you still have several options to complement your home or create a look that stands out on its own.
The security that stain provides your deck will be well worth the cost of enlisting a professional to deliver excellent results. The weather in Eau Claire, WI poses the biggest danger to your deck, and no matter how strong the type of wood it's made with, a proper coat of stain will help keep out water and UV rays that will degrade it over time. Examples of other benefits of deck staining include keeping out insects and mold from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Hire an expert listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck correctly and maximize your investment by extending its lifespan.
What steps are involved during professional deck staining?
Staining a deck is a detailed project that requires careful preparation and execution to achieve the desired outcome:
- Prep - The deck surface must be cleaned of dust and debris using wood cleaners or a power washer to ensure the stain adheres properly. The surface should be sanded or repaired of any damage to enable a smooth application during the next step. The environment surrounding the work area, like pathways and buildings, will also need to be protected with tarps or masking tape.
- Application of Stain - A contractor will help you understand the right type of stain and opacity for your needs, as some are more suited for particular wood species and the aesthetic you want to achieve. The contractor will use brushes, rollers, sprayers, or all of these tools to apply as many coats as are needed for adequate penetration and coverage.
- Drying Time - Your contractor will understand the manufacturer's ratings for the type of stain you've chosen and how long it takes to cure. It's essential that the deck is not touched and that the weather is acceptable throughout the curing process.
Each of these steps are challenging and tedious, but performing them correctly is necessary to ensure a high-quality result. A reliable deck staining contractor found on Thumbtack will have the knowledge and skill to complete the job quickly while delivering your desired appearance and durability.
What season of the year is suggested for performing my deck staining project?
Deck staining is a seasonal project and you'll get the best results when executing it when the weather is right:
- Temperature - Staining your deck works better when the temperature is moderate, particularly between 50°F and 90°F. Staining under very hot or cold temperatures will negatively impact the application and curing process.
- Humidity - Low to moderate humidity levels are preferable when deck staining, as excessive humidity will prolong drying times and raise the danger of mildew issues.
- Rain Forecast - All stains will have directions on how long curing should take, and it's essential that it stays dry throughout this period. Your project's scheduling should take into consideration the rain forecast and ideally be completed 24 to 48 hours prior to any possible showers.
Hire a Deck Staining Contractor Near Eau Claire, WI on Thumbtack and Get the Aesthetic and Durability You Desire
Deck staining is great for refreshing its appearance and delivering unmatched protection against weather and pests that will degrade it over time. A dependable contractor will handle the challenging task for you, from prep to application and curing, to guarantee it turns out the way you expected.
Hiring a professional is highly recommended if you lack familiarity carrying out deck staining or the time to dedicate to the tedious process. Working with stains requires a lot of attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it cures appropriately to secure the wood from water, UV rays, and pests. You can also benefit from the knowledge that experts can offer when it comes to choosing the right stain for the type of wood your deck is made with to ensure you get the desired aesthetic. Although stain doesn’t offer as much variety as paint, many colors and opacities are still available to help your deck transform into a unique visual element of your home.
Many homeowners wrestle with choosing to paint or stain their deck, and both options have their unique benefits. Painting provides more variety of colors and aesthetics and is great for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll have to repaint several times over the years as it peels away beneath steady foot traffic and fluctuating weather conditions. Conversely, stain soaks deep into the wood and carries pigments to block harmful UV rays and other chemicals that secure it from rot and insect damage. Stain will also not need to be reapplied for a few years so long as it's been adequately cured.
Staining your deck demands attention to detail and thoughtful consideration through every step of the project. Carrying out the job at the wrong time of year or applying it haphazardly will lead to insufficient protection and an inconsistent appearance. Save time and eliminate the stress of doing it all yourself by turning to an expert who can guarantee stellar results. Compare staining contractors in Eau Claire, WI and choose the right one matching your vision and budget easily in one place with the powerful Thumbtack platform.