Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Edgerton, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Edgerton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple technique to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and gives a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly should cabinets be refinished
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Edgerton, Wisconsin have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Site for All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Edgerton, Wisconsin Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Edgerton, Wisconsin have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Edgerton, Wisconsin with confidence.