Find a pro in Evansville, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Evansville, WI. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Evansville, WI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Evansville, WI. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.