Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How long will cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will I determine if cabinet refinishing is the right choice to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Fond Du Lac, WI have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any particular certifications or qualifications when vetting a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will mention their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reliability with online customer feedback.
A dependable professional will provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have exceptional communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
What steps are involved as a professional refinishes cabinets?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for speed and excellent results. There are usually many steps taken to transform the look of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first inspected to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If so, all gear will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, such as cracks, dents, or similar blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to accomplish the look you're looking for. The drying and curing process will be crucial to giving a high-quality outcome, and could need several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain has dried, all parts can be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the finished results meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's useful to note that the specific refinishing project may vary depending on things like the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, professionals may employ specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate directly with anyone you hire to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Fond Du Lac, WI
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Fond Du Lac, WI have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Fond Du Lac, WI with confidence.