Find a pro in Gillett, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Gillett, WI. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Gillett, WI
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Gillett, WI. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.