Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Gordon, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Gordon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and hassle-free method to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is that the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the great things about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Gordon, WI have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Place Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Gordon, WI With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Gordon, WI have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Gordon, WI confidently.