Find a pro in Gresham, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Gresham, WI. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Gresham, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Gresham, WI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gresham, WI. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.