Find a Pro in Hartland, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and experienced contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should complement the overall aesthetic you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are tasteful hues that have the ability to give you a serene feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
In what ways can hiring an exterior painting contractor enhance your project?
Seeking an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a better outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a contractor to execute it. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
What steps are involved in getting a property ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it's done with close attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the training, tools, and methods to do the job with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that let the paint stick and look amazing for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stick.
What's the usual budget for painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you a free, upfront estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Painting Companies in Hartland, WI
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Hartland, WI. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the skills and background to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your home's appearance with a fresh pop of color that also offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By recruiting a professional to handle the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can swiftly search for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Browsing through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's convenient and simple to use for anyone to choose the most suitable contractor for the job in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and book an appointment all in one app.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can offer you helpful recommendations and help you brainstorm an attractive color arrangement. Having a newly painted house can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled professional to take care of the entire process with close attention to detail.