Find a Cabinet Painter in Hilbert, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Wisconsin // Hilbert
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter what type of paint I pick for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint generally used for home walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their modern appearance. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
Is it hard to find a good cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what style you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Ensure that any professional you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by checking any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past clients available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's may be enticing to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those places that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will I have to pay to paint my existing cabinets?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Hilbert, Wisconsin, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Hilbert, Wisconsin to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A smart way to enhance the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Hilbert, Wisconsin varies, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Hilbert, Wisconsin confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.