Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Hilbert, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Wisconsin // Hilbert
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some positives to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple method to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and offers a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Hilbert, WI have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Hilbert, WI With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Hilbert, WI have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Hilbert, WI with confidence.