Find a pro in Hollandale, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Hollandale, Wisconsin
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Hollandale, Wisconsin, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.