Find a pro in Juneau, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Juneau, WI. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Juneau, WI
If you need roofing maintenance services in Juneau, WI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Juneau, WI. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.